Project EKA is an endeavour to create reference solutions for exchanging patient health information upon patient’s consent in Indian Healthcare context. The architecture and solutions are largely inspired by the proposed National Health Stack (NHS).
We are excited at the prospect of far reaching positive consequences towards patient care through informed decision making, clinical history assessments, treatment management and ensuring continuity of care through this initiative.
Through this initiative, we want to realize the following goals
- Establish an ecosystem of connected healthcare systems in the network that will improve continuity of care, deliver better quality of care.
- Exchange Patient Care Information between members of network for better treatment management, while ensuring patients’ privacy and confidentiality
- Leverage tiered approach of care delivery
Objectives of the Project
- Establish the standards and protocols of patient health information discovery, linking and consented means of exchange with validated users (practitioners, patients, providers)
- Ensure and demonstrate patient privacy and confidentiality through the information request, consent and data flow
- Build a set of reference components as ready to use solutions
- Design and develop with established Healthcare Providers to cater to actual needs from practitioners, users and patients
- Identify challenges and find appropriate solutions for adoption at scale
We hope that through this initiative we can create means to establish a pathway for Healthcare systems in providing better quality and access to care, through a secure, reliable and consented means of exchanging patient information.
All Source code relevant to ProjectEKA is in GitHub under ProjectEKA.